Chicago Electric Bike Repair – Volton Electric Bicycles
Volton Bicycles is Chicago’s choice electric bike shop for ebike service and repair, affordable electric bikes, and custom electric bicycle conversion service.
Since 2011, when we started conversion services in a Logan Square garage and launched the Volton electric bicycle, we’ve been fitting, designing and building electric bicycles and eBike conversions for bicycle riders going electric in Chicago, Illinois (now in Morton Grove).
Electric Bike Repair in Chicago
Volton Electric Bikes offers a variety of electric bike repair services and light electric vehicle repair and maintenance services including:
- Electric motor wheel assembly and repair
- Battery repair, including conditioning, charge/discharge modeling and testing (up to 60v)
- Electric bike troubleshooting – mechanical and electrical
- Electric bike conversion repair
- General insights and knowledge on the good (and not so good) gear that is on the market
- Volton ebike repair, at courtesy or reduced labor rates
- Electric bike assembly, packaging and shipping
- Small parts and accessories
Electric Bike Conversions
With bike building and retail experience going back to 2003, we changed our tune in 2011 and created Volton. Our very first ebike was built for a family member looking to keep up his passion for getting some time outside on one of his bicycles. We’ve continued to offer conversion service for a variety of applications since day one.
There are too many benefits to cycling. If you think pedal assist will get you back on a bike, or help you continue to enjoy spending time outside on the saddle schedule a call to discuss
- Mobility bike conversions
- Recreational electric bike conversions
- Industrial use cart and cargo conversions
- Scooter and eMoto repair
Scheduling Electric Bike Repair and Conversions
Repair and conversion service is scheduled on an individual basis, depending on our availability. Please call to schedule. We will request bikes information, including photos. We might be able to point you in the right direction over a quick phone call with hopes to get you rolling. If we cannot, we will schedule a in-shop troubleshoot. Troubleshooting includes a thorough inspection of the wiring and components on your bike. Troubleshooting is a paid service to find out the error source. Any simple repairs will be performed. A troubleshoot is no guarantee of a complete repair.
NOTE- With the variety of off-brand and generic bicycles and ebikes, we cannot accept all bikes and electric bikes for conversions or repair due to the non-standard parts, and vendor inability to communicate or supply correct OEM hardware.